Details for Annual Harvest Dinner – The Greenhouse Project’s Celebrity Chef Dinner
The Greenhouse Project (TGP) is hosting its annual Fall Celebrity Chef Dinner “Grateful Harvest: 12 Years Strong” on Monday September 27, 2021 at Cucino Lupo. Chefs Extraordinaire of the evening will be Mark Estee and the five Valley Chefs (Brandon Barksdale, Kerry Tate, Matthew Farag, Tommy Linnett & Tony Schafer) honoring and collaborating with Chef Charlie Abowd. Their magic will include a multicourse wine or beer paired dinner and a glimpse of the menu follows:
- The evening will begin with pass around appetizers followed by a First Course of Smoked Quail/ Tarragon-goat cheese grits/ Braised mustard greens with oyster mushrooms/ Pomegranate white balsamic gastrique (Tony)
- A Pasta Course of 3 cheese agnolotti (saffron infused dough), yellow and green squash, herb puree (parsley, chives, mint, basil, tarragon and oregano), limoncello butter sauce, and Spot Prawns (Matt)
- An Entree Course of Pork with Pistachio Dukkah, crisped root vegetable medley and pepper coulis (Brandon)
- A Dessert Course of Spiced Pear Cobbler served warm with vanilla ice cream (Katie/ Mark)
Also, check out the great items and packages available on our online auction, including:
- Wine country cottage getaway (Amador County)
- Golf package (foursome per month for a year at any of the Duncan golf courses)
- Paella dinner for 8 at the home of Charlie and Karen Abowd
- Dinner for 4 at Capisce and tickets to the magic show at The Loft (South Tahoe)
- Polaris Ranger ride and picnic for 2 up historic Emigrant Trail
- Several different pieces of art
- Wine packages
- Plus much more!
TGP thanks the three Angel Donors who generously gave in support of our mission and whose generosity will be matched in the room that night. Thank you also to those who stepped up to be $1,500 course sponsors:
- Manhard Consulting
- Lone Mountain Veterinary/ Margie Quirk
- Mark Amodei
- Vidler Water/ Dorothy Palmer
- Aspire Capital Advisors/ Andrew Todd
- Farmers Insurance/Brian Andrews
- Robin Graber/ Certified Advanced Rolfer
- Carson Tahoe Health
A seat at the table is $275/ person and only 9 tickets are left available. To reserve your place at the table for this event please call Karen Abowd @ 775-232-8626 or email email@example.com.
This is a wonderful evening for a tremendous cause!
*In preparation for our ‘Grateful Harvest: 12 years Strong’ gala, TGP is selling spots for $20 each in our program and for our website to ponder and publish something you are grateful for as the world recovers from the 2020 pandemic. Gratitude cards available at our Carson Farmers Market booth.